Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sack hops



For those of you who visit my blog (anybody left?) that may not know, I've been fortunate enough to be allowed to hang out around July Films www.julyfilms.com a few hours a week and learning some things about animation from Mike Nguyen www.rainplace.net okay learning A LOT of things.   It's been a great experience and I can see the growth in my work and confidence in animation. Staring at a blank page before getting started is no longer as scary and intimidating as it once was.  

Above are two quick animations I did last night at July overlayed into the same video. Both share the same first two drawings, and both need work. The ghost images that appear are due to this being done on old pieces of animation paper, it pays to recycle. Just thought I'd share since I thought this place could use an update.

3 comments:

Raynard Castillo said...

Hey Matt, your animations are going a long way. Your internship has really made you stronger, keep it up man!

Tal Moscovici said...

Hey Ray is here...and, uh, and I'm here...that's kind of almost two people.

Sweet hops man. I like the pacing of the two relative to each other. Matt is gonna start updating daily everybody!!! Here, Here!

Matthew Long said...

Thanks guys for checking it out and the comments. Glad to see it's not just Miyuki and my parents that see this stuff.