Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fugitive Animation - First Blocking Pass

Fugitive Animation - Blocking from Matt Long on Vimeo.

Here is the initial pass at my fugitive animation for the 1st assignment for the 3rd class of Animation Mentor. It's part 1 of 3-4 scenes that will tell a little story about this fugitive who survived his prisoner transport vehicle crashing and in the process breaking him free of his restraints.

I gave him a limp/sleepy foot to add some interest to his movement.

As for this term, my animation mentor is Martin Hopkins who has been a long time Dreamworks animator going from their older 2D projects into their 3D films. So he has a lot of experience to pull from and I think he will be a great mentor this term like Drew was last term.

In other news, I have a new job. I am no longer a Production Assistant, I'm now a Storyboard Revisionist for Generator Rex. So now I get to draw all day for a living, finally! Now I can keep improving my 2D drawing skills and 3D animation skills without any of that paperwork stuff getting in the way, I'm looking forward to it.

See ya next week.


calie said...

Congrats on the new job! That's amazing! (and nice animation) :)

calie said...

Yay! thanks for adding me! Well thank you for showing me this site! lol yes, Edinboro is so country, I see tractors with hay frequently

Freckles said...

Great Blog!! Love the animation!

Tal Moscovici said...

Your lord and all powerful master commands you to POST SOMETHING!!!