Monday, March 29, 2010

A new journey

Today was the first day of Animation Mentor for me. For the next 18 months I'll be taking part in this journey trying to build a large body of work and learn how to improve my animation and hopefully become comfortable with Maya for once. I discovered trying to animate on my own that I really need hard deadlines to force me to get my butt moving and finish some work, back to school I go :)

My mentor for this first term is Raquel Rabbit who's site and reel can be found here: http://www.raquelrabbit.com/ we'll be meeting with her for the first time Thursday.

So stay tuned for regular updates again with some work-in-progress videos (It's about time!)

2 comments:

Tal Moscovici said...

Thursday is tomorrow!!! Good luck man! In animation, if you get stuck, just think of what I'd do, and then just do the opposite of that; you should be OK.

By the way, AM has a cool logo. You think they'd mind if we used it our own, hahaha?

Sheldon Kruger said...

Awesome Matt. Having the all the education from Fullerton is going to come in very handy. It helped me so much. Back to school....I know...I felt the same thing when AM came up...but, its going to be worth man. I promise. Hit me up if you ever have any questions. Looking forward to seeing your work.